what's the significance of the blog name?
I know it's supposed to be "hot fudge sundae." 8 )
Basically, it's alluding to the idea that many Christians and churches, who would otherwise be considered orthodox, sometimes gravitate toward ideas and practices they find personally appealing, or maybe they think will "bear fruit" (be popular), without ever asking whether such ideas and practices are true and legitimate. It's as if they're giving into a "spiritual sweet tooth." And just as a person can't sustain physical health on a diet of hot fudge sundaes, neither can a person sustain spiritual health on a diet of "hot fudge Sundays."
I don't mean to approach this subject entirely as someone from the outside. Some of the stuff I talk about is stuff I got sucked into myself. And some of it I'm still working through.
I also like the name Hot Fudge Sunday because it's memorable, is a little irreverent, doesn't come across as pretentious, and, most of all, it wasn't already taken.
How did I think of it?? I have no idea!
1 Comments:
I like the blog name and explanation.
Post a Comment
<< Home